Buy American, Hire American. NAV-TV wants YOU!
Are you a motivated and highly skilled individual looking for the opportunity to join an industry leading team? NAV-TV Corp is seeking to immediately fill several positions in order to help support tremendous growth in our Engineering and Contract Manufacturing divisions.
SUPPLY CHAIN ASSISTANT
Federal Electron is currently seeking a Supply Chain Assistant responsible for Electronic Component Sourcing, Inventory Control and Purchasing. This is a full-time position based Coral Springs, Florida.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the CM and Purchasing Manager in sourcing, negotiating, implementing and administering long term supply agreements. Key responsibilities include managing inventory control, participating in cross-functional teams, researching best commodity practices, achieving cost reduction initiatives and executing sourcing strategies.
- Establish and maintain an efficient and effective supply chain base through the selection, qualification and ongoing management of suppliers. This encompasses all aspects of the supply chain from identification, recommendation, negotiation through to the ongoing evaluation of suppliers who have been selected to provide materials to Federal Electron.
- Study and analyze technical data, design specifications, product specifications, and production schedules of our products to forecast immediate and future needs and formulate professional procurement strategies of products;
- Analyze costs, conduct research and forecast for professional procurement and supply chain activities in procurement of electronic raw materials and components such as semiconductors, integrated circuits, memories, chipsets, and other peripheral products;
- Confer with vendors, customers, and management, material planners, and engineers to obtain, select, and negotiate price, ascertain availability, and formulate delivery schedule; may solicit, evaluate, and recommend quotations of vendors;
- Negotiate purchase order terms and conditions; Structure purchase order based on corporate guidelines and objectives; Coordinate and facilitate sales order/transaction logistics within production and procurement group, the procurement of electronic raw materials and components according to cost, quality and quantity specifications for manufacturing materials/components, daily production schedule and shipping details;
- Maintain computerized procurement record using specialized programs to monitor quantity of items purchased, analyze costs, keep track of freight delivery, product quality and performance, and inventory to ensure the procurement fit into the company’s worldwide supply chain management;
- Study sales record and inventory levels of company, identify foreign and domestic suppliers and keeping abreast of change affecting both the supply and demand for needed products and materials;
- Evaluate vendor’s offered quality, availability, reliability and technical support in choosing supply source; organize and participate in the selection and management of vendors in global area, building long-term and stable partnership with vendors according to headquarters’ procurement strategies, in order to keep consistent supply, to reduce the cost of procurement, and to obtain competitive advantage in procurement area.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Must be initiative, well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced working environment
- In-depth understanding of electronic component market
- Previous purchasing or sales experience in the contract manufacturing or electronic component industry is a plus
- Manufacturing inventory control experience is a big plus
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Access and Intuit Quickbooks
Salary & Benefits
Starting salary will be based on knowledge and experience. Federal Electron offers a complete competitive compensation and benefits package which includes
- Medical * Dental * Vision * Life Insurance * Long & Short term disability * 401k * Paid vacation * Paid holidays
Federal Electron is a division of NAV-TV Corporation. NAV-TV is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position send your resume and salary requirements to [email protected]