Strategic Sales Manager – 12 Volt
Location: Tampa, FL
Reports to: Director of Sales
FLSA Statas: Salaried, Exempt
As the Strategic Sales Manager (SSM) you will be responsible for managing and growing the DOW Electronics 12 Volt sector and will report to the Director of Strategic Sales. This position will travel the territory, monitor 12 Volt account activity, organize the 12 Volt Team, manage high level direction for the 12 Volt Team, develop analysis of the territory and monitor expense reports. This position will work with Management, Purchasing, Advertising, Human Resources and Accounting to ensure that the 12 Volt team and 12 Volt accounts are provided with the materials and programs needed to make them successful while making DOW profitable. The Strategic Sales Manager is ultimately responsible for the increased overall profitability of 12 Volt Product sales. This includes looking at overall cost as well as gross profit produced. The Strategic Sales Manager will also be responsible for developing a team environment that allows the professional growth of all employees within the 12 Volt Team.
- Manage, plan and execute growth and profitability across all lines that make up our 12 Volt business segment.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure sales goals/forecasting/budget objectives are met through implementation of performance objectives, funnel management, programs, policies and key messages
- Identify, develop and execute account strategy to close new business opportunities and expanding revenue with customers across the assigned region; independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage many projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with operative peers across functions (including Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Support, and Product Development) to create visibility with target accounts and drive engagement of target prospects at both the individual contributor and executive level.
- Create, Monitor and Manage Corporate KPI for inside and outside sales team
- Collect monthly Area Analysis from each member and formulate sales plan for assigned accounts and sales strategies for region. This includes inside and outside sales Team in multiple states.
- Assign territories and accounts to Sales Representatives
- Work with purchasing on new product line and current product line development
- Create a monthly in-depth analysis of the territory, significant account changes and new competitive information
- Coordinate, implement and conduct sales presentations and negotiations
- Implement and conduct sales presentations and negotiations relating to specific market opportunities. Communicate with individual accounts and the organization about opportunities and/or programs.
- Review and approve all expense reports for the 12 volt team.
- Participates in marketing events such as Seminars, trade show, trainings, and dealer event support
- Meet with Management and other Strategic Sales Manager to develop and shape the DOW Electronics sales vision
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the support of 12 Volt products
- Demonstrated Knowledge of 12 Volt installation
- Reliable transportation
- Travel time for this position is as required and up to 75%
- Overnights trips for this position are as required
- Experience managing a sales team
- Experience with Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and team building skill
- 4 Year Degree Preferred
- Current Mobile Electronics Certifications (Examples: MECP, Level 3 Sony Master Certification, Etc.)
- 5 Years managing a 12 volt sales team
- DOW Electronics is an equal opportunity employer
- We are a drug free and smoke free work environment
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to safely, frequently and independently move and handle up to 25 lbs.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to travel using different methods of transportation including, but not limited to automobile, plane and train
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone
- Ability to drive 3-5 days a week for up to and exceeding 6 hours a day
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Contact Renee at [email protected]