As the Account Manager for 12 Volt you will be responsible for managing and growing the DOW Electronics 12 Volt pillar and will report to the 12 Volt Strategic Sales Manager. This position will travel the territory, manage the existing accounts and bring on new accounts. This position will work closely with the Strategic Sales Manager and the 12 Volt System Engineers to ensure that management can provide the retailers with the materials and programs needed to make them successful while making DOW profitable.
The Account Manager for 12 Volt is ultimately responsible for increasing the profitability of their territory. This includes managing existing accounts as well as bringing on new accounts. The Account Manager for 12 Volt will also be responsible for cooperating and interacting in a team environment that allows the professional growth of all employees within the 12 Volt pillar.
- Manage, plan and execute growth strategies for the accounts within your designated territory
- Must create new relationships and maintain existing relationships with dealers
- Travel time for this position is as required and up to 75%
- Overnights trips for this position are as required and up to 50%
- Meet with Strategic Sales Manager to develop and shape the DOW Electronic 12 Volt vision
- Needs to work well with others in a team environment and communicate effectively with the DOW 12 Volt team
- Create a monthly in-depth analysis of the territory, significant account changes and new competitive information
- Must be able to manage a weekly call log
- Must be able to learn and work order entry system
- Weekend hours may be required for trade shows, training, and dealer event support
- Must plan and maintain a work schedule and travel route
- Any and all other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 mobile electronics experience
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and a passion to succeed
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Skills to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 4 Year Degree Preferred
- Industry Stand Certifications (Example: MECP certification)
- Spanish speaking a plus, but not necessary
- DOW Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free and smoke free work environment.
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Ability to safely, frequently and independently move and handle up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive 3-5 days a week for up to and exceeding 8-10 hours a day
- Ability to travel via airplane as required
Contact [email protected]